[Music]Vector- Protect the church voem.

Image
Nigerian rap artist, Vector comes through with a new rap single titled, “ Protect The Church Voem ”. The new single “ Protect The Church Voem ” is lifted from his 4-tracks new project, “ The African Mind ” EP which was released about some hours ago.                              Download

Shagari respected President’s office, always stepped out to smoke – Utomi

Prof. Pat Utomi has praised the leadership qualities of the late former President Shehu Shagari .
Utomi , who served in the Shagari administration , described the late president “ as a true nationalist . ”
The political economist, who spoke on Monday at the ‘ Never Again Conference’ to mark the 50 th anniversary of Nigeria’ s Civil War , said Shagari was highly disciplined .
He said, “ I somehow got lucky , a young fellow coming back from graduate school, thinking he could change the world and then I got identified by the Vice - President ( the late Alex Ekwueme) and one day he says to me , ‘ President Shagari , yesterday , approved for you to replace Prof Odenigwe ’ . I said , ‘what does that mean?’ And I ended up in government . From my office at Dodan Barracks . Most of us don ’t remember, but President Shagari was a chain smoker , but he never smoked in public and he respected the Office of the President so much that he never smoked inside that office.
“ To smoke, President Shagari would come out – to smoke. And I would come out ; and Aba Dabu and I would corner him and start chatting him up . And I saw a true nationalist in that man, that history and the newspapers probably will not capture enough .”
Also speaking at the event, which took place at the MUSON Centre, Onikan , Lagos , renowned musician , Onyeka Onwenu , lamented that 50 years after the civil war , the Igbo were still marginalised in the country .
Onwenu said , “ I have tried with the little talent that God has given me to use it for the betterment of my society and my country . But if I were a Yoruba or Hausa woman , I would probably have had more patronage , more help and more support than I have got by my self -help effort to raise this country up . But I’ m not asking anybody for anything.
“ I am angry at Nigeria; I am angry at this government which seems to be letting us down . I am angry at us as a people . I am angry at my people , Ndigbo , because if they have refused you , why are you refusing yourself ? Stop complaining and do it for yourself , we’ ve always been able to do that .”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CELEBRITY: Adekunle Gold and Simi reportedly welcomes baby.

ENTERTAINMENT: Davido features American female rapper; Nicki minaj in his new album.

All you need to know about mass spectrometry and the fragmentation rules